The Importance of Calibration
If you haven’t decided on a New Year’s resolution yet, we have some inspiration coming your way. Make it a priority during 2017 to take charge of the health of your tools! Start by asking yourself these questions:
- Where are your torque tools stored right now?
- When was the last time you used your torque tools?
- What is the current setting on your torque tools?
- How accurate do you believe your torque tools are?
If cared for properly, your torque tools can last for quite a while. Torque tools calibrated correctly and regularly can provide repeatable accuracy saving time, money, materials and labor. This practice can reduce the risk of products failing in service, saving you money from warranty and re-work costs.
How frequently should you calibrate your tools?
There is no one-size-fits-all practice that determines the frequency of torque calibration. Different jobs require calibration after specific intervals to perform the job well. Calendar based calibrations are very common (every 6 months, for example). It ultimately comes down to how often and aggressive the tool has been used. Some professionals believe that the performance of the tool is affected between 2,500 and 3,000 repetitions.
Torque Tool Tips:
- Make note of any changes in performance between 2,500 - 3,000 repetitions
- Calibration every 6 months could be a great starting point to mending your tool
- Keep in mind: the more your tool is used, the more calibration is needed
- Following general care tips in usage and storage will be beneficial in maintaining the ideal level of calibration for a longer period of time
- Store your tool in the manufactures case inside a dry area and treat delicately
- Remember to back off the torque indicator to a low torque setting before storing it for the next use
- Accurate tooling & proper training are keys to maintaining your torque tools
Excel Assembly Solutions is a fully accredited ISO 17025 Certified Lab. We offer in-house services and we can also arrange to come to your location. Our calibration services include click wrench, dial torque wrench, rotary torque transducer and DC tool calibration. We know the characteristics and capabilities of the tools you use and depend on for high production demands. We service all major brands including Cleco, Atlas Copco, GSE, CP Techmotive, Mountz, Sturtevant Richmont, CDI, Crane, Stanley, Ingersoll Rand, Desoutter, Bosch, Rotor Tool and more.
Contact us today for your tool repair or calibration needs. We look forward to hearing from you!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: electric Torque Multipliers, hand torque multipliers, Low Torque Screwdriver, pneumatic torque multipliers, Torque & Tapping Articulating Arms, torque multipliers, Torque Screwdrivers